Serie A

Parma v Bologna – Serie A

Parma v Bologna - Serie A

In today’s match in the 17th round of Serie A, we will see Parma hosting Bologna at Stadio Ennio Tardini, where Parma lost only 1 match out of the last 5 played and will hope to continue with their good record at home grounds.

Parma has returned to Serie A this season and are currently sitting at the 12th place in the league with an overall record of 6-3-7. Looking at their last 5 games, Parma has won 2, draw 1 and lost 2. Most recently Parma was defeated by Sampdoria (2:0) in a match they were completely dominated. Looking at the match against Sampdoria, Parma had only 29% ball possession and 2 goal attempts with no shots on goal in 90 minutes. On the other side, Sampdoria held a high 71% ball possession, had 12 goal attempts and 10 shots on goal. Despite all their attempts, Sampdoria only scored 2 goals, which to be fair were more than enough for them to win, as Parma did not show anything that would endanger the Sampdoria net. The match ended 2:0, which was Parmas 7th defeat of the season and 5th loss in away games.

The visiting side, Bologna are currently 18th in the league, which puts them in a relegation zone. In this season, Bologna holds a 2-6-8 record and a 0-3-5 record in away games. Looking at Bolognas’ form, they have not won a match in the Serie A since 30th September (9 games), they did, however, manage to play 5 draws in the course of those 9 games. Looking at their last match against AC Milan, Bologna managed to end the match with a draw, which was quite impressive on their part, and disappointing for AC Milan. And as “impressive” I am not talking about Bologna performance in that match, as they had only 32% ball possession, 7 goal attempts and 6 shots on goal. Milan on the other side had 68% ball possession, 11 goal attempts and 4 shots on goal. Despite a total of 18 goal attempts from both sides, the match ended without any goals. Final score: 0:0.

Parma is playing well at home stadium, where they have lost only 2 matches, and even those were played against Juventus and Lazio, who are both in the top 5 teams in the league. In fact, Parma even managed to score a goal against Juventus (1:2), which is a decent result to be fair. Today they will be going against one of the worst team in the league, who have not won an away match in the last 18 games played, which stretches even in the last season. In away games, Bologna scored 6 and conceded 12 goals in the past 5 games. On the other side, Parma has scored 4 and conceded 4 in the last 5 games. comparing the teams, Parma is a favourite in my eyes, and due to Parma somewhat poor scoring, I believe this match could easily end in a draw. That is why we will be backing up Parma with an AH +0.00, just to secure our bet in case they fail to score a goal against one of the worst defences in the league.

Prediction: Parma +0.00 Asian Handicap
Odds: 1.88 Asianodds

Latest Betting Previews

To Top