Championship

Millwall v Sheffield Wed – Championship

Millwall v Sheffield Wed - Championship

On 12th of February, the 32nd round of Championship will take place at The Den, home of Millwall, where they await Sheffield Wed in their 2nd H2H match of the season.

Millwall are currently 20th in the league with an overall record of 7-9-14 and a 1-2-2 record in their last 5 games. With 30 points in the league, they are only 4 clear of the relegation zone, so any point they can grab will be valuable. Looking at their last 5 games, Millwall have won against Ipswich (2:3) on January 1st, lost to Blackburn (0:2), drew against Middlesbrough (1:1) and Rotherham (0:0) and lost their most recent match against Swansea (1:0). At home, Millwall are holding a slightly better record of 6-5-4 this season and a 2-2-1 in the last 5 games. Looking at the last match against Swansea, Millwall were outplayed in the 1st half, when Swansea held the ball for 73% of the time, had 7 goal attempts and 3 shots on goal. On the other side, Millwall held the ball for 27% of the time, had 3 goal attempts and 0 shots on goal. Not surprisingly, Swansea managed to score the opener and although the goal came late in the 1st half (43rd minute), it was still a goal that got them a well-deserved lead. The second half looked better for Millwall, who even had some chances to score a goal of their own, however, all their attempts went wide. Swansea on the other side also failed to convert their chances which meant the match ended with a final score of 1:0.

The visiting side, Sheffield Wed are currently 16th in the league with an overall record of 10-9-11 which puts them 9 points in front of Millwall. With 39 points, Sheffield are relatively safe from the relegation zone, however still far away from reaching the top 9, which to be fair they won’t manage to do this season. Looking as Sheffield Wed recent games, they are currently on a 3 game unbeaten run. They managed to defeat Wigan (1:0), Ipswich (1:0) and most recently played a draw against Reading (0:0). In the match against Reading, Sheffield had a total of 20 goal attempts and 7 shots on goal, while Reading had 12 goal attempts and 5 shots on goal. Despite 32 goal attempts from both sides combined, we did not see any goals.

Neither of the teams really impressed me in the recent matches. Calling out a winner here is though, while I believe Millwall has an edge due to home advantage and desperate need of points, I am not too convinced Millwall can go on and win. To be fair I am not convinced Sheffield can win neither. Looking at how the teams played in the recent matches there is a clear problem in scoring. Sheffield Wed scored only 1 goal against Wigan and Ipswich and while that was enough for them to win, it’s less than I had expected from them. Especially if we take into consideration how bad Wigan is when it comes to defending goal in away games and how bad Ipswich is overall. On the other side, Millwall has scored only 1 goal in their last 4 games and only 1 in their last 3 home games. With passive approaches from both sides to their games I can not imagine this match seeing more than 2 goals, In fact, I would be surprised if we even see 2 goals in the 90 minutes.

Prediction: Under 2.25 goals
Odds: 1.89 SBOBET

Latest Betting Previews

To Top