FC Seoul v Jeju United – K1 League

FC Seoul v Jeju United - K1 League

FC Seoul v Jeju United - K1 League

FC Seoul will hope to make it 3 in a row, when they host Jeju United, who unlike Seoul failed to win a single match this season. The match will take place on March 16th at the Seoul World Cup Stadium.

 

FC Seoul started off the 2019 season the best possible way. Not only have they won both of the opening two matches, FC Seoul won them without a single goal conceded. That makes them the only team in the league that has not yet conceded a goal after two rounds, and I believe they will look to make it 3 in a row on Saturday. In the course of the last two fixtures, FC Seoul won against Pohang (2:0) and Seongnam on Match 10th (0:1). Looking back at Seoul most recent match against the newcomers Seongnam, it was Seoul who managed to score the opener and the only goal of the match in the final minute of the first half. The second half, unlike the first, was dominated by the home side, who had 65% ball possession, 9 goal attempts and 5 shots on goal. Seoul on the other side had only 35% ball possession, 3 goal attempts and 1 shot on goal. Despite all the attempts from the home side to equalize the match, they failed to find their way to the back of the net, which meant Seoul travelled back home with their 2nd win in a row. To draw a conclusion from that match, Seoul seemed like they couldn’t find their own rhythm. Their overall performance was far from impressive in my opinion, and while they did end up winning the match, I could argue Seongnam deserved at least a point.

 

Jeju United started off this season slow, which was also the case last season. As it stands now, Jeju are 8th in the league with a draw and a loss behind them. Looking back at their opening match of the season, Jeju United managed to grab a point against Incheon (1:1) but failed to do the same in the next match against Daegu, who “outplayed” them at Daegu Stadium and won (2:0). Although Jeju failed to win, they were not playing particularly badly. The first half without the doubt belonged to Jo Hyun-woo who denied all attempts from the visitors. Moving to the second half, the spotlight was on Edgar and Kim Dae-Won who put their names on the scoresheet in 77th and 85th minute, which was more than enough for Daegu to walk home with a win. Despite a two-goal win, Jeju did manage to use the ball far more efficiently. They had a total of 7 shots on goal from 10 goal attempts, while Daegu managed to produce only 5 shots on goal out of 19 goal attempts. Nonetheless, Daegu still proved to be the better team and won their 1st match of the season.

 

FC Seoul have got Osmar listed as doubtful after he missed the last two fixtures. On the bright side, Aleksandar Pešić looks ready to start. There are no news regarding Jeju United.

 

FC Seoul come into this match as the only team that has not yet conceded a goal in addition to not yet tasting a defeat, but they are not untouchable. As I have mentioned before, their most recent match against Seongnam was far from impressive and should arguably end in a draw or even a defeat for Seoul. This was quite a swift turn of events after an impressive performance against Pohang, but at the end of the day, a win is a win. Before heading into the next match FC Seoul should be highly motivated to grab the 3rd win in a row against a team that has not been very impressive this season and while it is true Jeju United have not yet won a match, I do believe they are good enough to put up a good fight against Seoul. At the end of the day, Jeju have defeated Seoul in the last two H2H matches last season. Taking all into consideration, this one should be an entertaining match which could easily end with goals on both sides. While I do believe Seoul have a slight advantage, Jeju United are expected to put up a show on Sunday and do their best to grab the first win of the season.

 

Prediction: Over 2.50 goals
Odds: 2.22 Pinnacle