Premier League

Brighton v Everton – Premier League

Brighton v Everton - Premier League

The 20th round of Premier League on 29th of December will see Brighton hosting Everton at Amex Stadium, where they failed to win their last 2 matches.

Brighton are currently 13th in the league with an overall record of 6-4-9.In the course of the last 5 games, Brighton has won only 1 against Crystal Palace (3:1), but failed to win ever since. After the win against Crystal Palace, Brighton lost the next 3 matches; against Burnley (1:0), Chelsea (1:2) and Bournemouth. In their most recent match, Brighton, however, managed to get a draw against Arsenal (1:1), which was an impressive result. With that draw, Brighton is now 4-3-2 at home games. The match against Arsenal saw the opening goal being scored in the 7th minute of the match when Aubameyang got Arsenal an early lead, but Brighton managed to score a goal of their own before the first half ended (35th minute). In the first half, we saw Arsenal with 70% ball possession, 6 goal attempts and 4 shots on goal, while Brighton managed to have 6 goal attempts and 2 shots on goal while having only 30% of ball possession. The second half saw Arsenal with 66% ball possession, but only 1 goal attempts and 0 shots on goal. Brighton on the other side had 34% ball possession and 6 goal attempts and just like Arsenal 0 shots on goal. With no shots on goal in the second half, we (not surprisingly) saw no goals, which meant the match ended in a 1:1.

Everton are currently 8th in the league with an overall record of 7-6-6. Looking at their last 5 games, they have drawn 2, lost 2 and won their most recent one. Out of the 2 defeats, the most memorable was without the doubt the 2:6 defeat against Tottenham, but don’t let this result “fool you”, because Everton is improving as the time passes. Looking at their most recent match, they have won against Burnley in a match that saw a total of 6 goals. In the mentioned match, we have seen Everton scoring a goal in 2 minutes in, to which they added 2 more in 13th and 22nd minute. Burnley managed to score a goal of their own in 37th minute, which meant the teams went into the second half 2 goals apart (1:3). The second half, much like the first was in Everton’s favour, as they managed to score 2 more goals in 71st and 90’+3 minute. With that, the match ended 1:5. A much-needed win for Everton after a disappointing loss against Tottenham.

These two teams have met once before this season, on 3rd of November, when it was Everton who won 3:1. This time, we believe the match could end the same way, but we won’t be betting on the away team. In away games, Everton has won only 2 in the past 9, which is not the best record to have. In the course of those 9 games, Everton scored 13 and conceded 14 goals. Brighton on the other side won half of their 10 home matches. In the course of 10 matches, they have scored 18 and conceded 15 goals. What I expect in this match is a high scoring one. Everton is improving and we expect them to put up a good fight against Brighton who is coming from a 1:1 game against Arsenal. Expect to see more than 2 goals in the upcoming match.

Prediction: Over 2.50 goals
Odds: 2.31 Dafabet

Latest Betting Previews

To Top